Welcome to a new era of sustainable energy in Queensland! We’re thrilled to announce the launch of the Battery Booster Program, a groundbreaking initiative set to transform the way we power our homes. As we embrace a greener future, Queensland is taking a giant leap forward with this innovative program, starting in 2024.
The Queensland Government’s Battery Booster program will provide solar battery rebates to eligible Queenslanders who buy and install household solar battery systems to use with new or existing rooftop solar systems.
The program is an initiative under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan, aimed at lowering energy bills and helping Queenslanders with cost of living pressures.
There will be minimum requirements for households to be eligible for the program.
How much is the Queensland Solar Battery rebate?
Eligible households could receive rebates of up to $4,000, depending on household income eligibility requirements.
When will the Queensland Solar Battery Rebate Start?
We don’t have a specific launch date, from what we gather it will be in the first quarter of 2024. We have started a waitlist so that we can keep you up to date when it’s officially released.
Summary of minimum requirements:
- Maximum income: Applicants must have a combined annual household taxable income of $180,000 or less. Under the Battery Booster Rebate Scheme, eligible Queensland households stand to receive substantial financial incentives, with the rebate reaching a maximum of $4,000. However, for income earners with a taxable income exceeding $66,667, the rebate is reduced to $3,000.
- Battery purchase date: Home battery systems will only be eligible if purchased when the program is open and after the applicant has received conditional approval as part of the application process. Any batteries purchased before the program opening date and before receiving conditional approval will not be eligible under the program.
- Minimum battery system size: A minimum 6 kilowatt hour (kWh) battery needs to be purchased from an approved battery systems list that will be published on this web page when the program opens.
- Approved battery system: Only battery systems on the list are eligible for the rebate. We will publish a list of approved battery systems on this web page when the program opens.
- Minimum solar PV system size: Households must have at least a 5kW solar PV system (new or existing).
- Approved Installer: The battery system must be installed by an Approved Installer. We will publish a list of approved installers on this web page when the program opens.
If your planned battery system does not meet the minimum requirements, it will not be eligible for a rebate.
Why choose a battery storage system for your property?
A battery storage system for your property offers a range of benefits, including increased energy independence, reduced electricity costs, and backup power during outages. By incorporating a battery storage system, you can store excess energy generated from solar panels or other renewable sources for later use. This not only allows you to maximize the use of clean, sustainable energy but also helps reduce strain on the electrical grid during peak demand times.
The ability to store excess energy for later use means that you can rely less on the grid and have greater control over your energy usage. This translates to reduced electricity costs and increased energy independence. Additionally, during power outages or during times when the grid is under strain, a battery storage system can provide backup power to keep your property running smoothly.
In conclusion, choosing a battery storage system for your property not only increases your energy independence and reduces electricity costs but also allows you to store and utilize renewable energy efficiently. It’s a smart investment that not only benefits you but also contributes to reducing strain on the electrical grid during peak demand times.
Battery Storage during Storm Season
During storm season, it’s important to take extra care in storing your laptop battery to prevent damage. The best way to store your laptop’s battery is to keep it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture. This will help prevent any potential damage from occurring during a storm.
Before storing your laptop battery, make sure to fully charge it to avoid any potential damage from over-discharge. Periodically check on the battery to ensure it is still holding a charge and to prevent over-discharge during storage.
By following these precautions, you can help ensure that your laptop battery remains in good condition and is ready to use once the storm season has passed. Remember to keep the battery in a safe, dry place and to keep it charged to prevent any potential damage.